Help is available.
Resources that can help
Crisis Centre (24 hours) – 1.800.784.2433
Online and phone support, and links to community resources
- If you are experiencing suicidal thoughts or feel worried that you may do something to harm yourself, tell someone immediately.
- Go somewhere safe where you can be with a trusted person, ask a friend or family member to stay with you, or talk to a counsellor or other health professional.
- If you are not able to connect with a friend, family members, or a health professional, call a crisis line.
- Get rid of any means to hurt yourself
- If you have anything that you’ve thought about using to hurt or kill yourself with, get rid of it or give it to a trusted other.
Create a safety plan
- Plan ahead for your safety when you have suicidal thoughts.
- Ask a trusted family member, friend, or counsellor to help you develop a step-by-step plan for how to keep yourself safe.
- If you feel unable to keep yourself safe, call 9.1.1 for immediate help and to be transported to the hospital.